Monday, January 25, 2010

Product Shots - Elique Organics


Last weekend I did my first product photo shoot for my dear friend Elisha - owner of Get Waxed Salon in Venice as well as the creator of her own amazing skin care line Elique Organics - Complete Skin Nutrition. This particular new line is in all antique and vintage glass jars, lined with beeswax along with a beeswax overlay and has been picked up by ABC Home in NYC! I was lucky enough to score a LARGE tub of the yummy skin food lotion - and I have to tell you - my skin is super soft! Way to go Elisha


Shooting products is harder then it sounds, the glass and the silver are VERY REFLECTIVE and it took a bit of trial and error on my part to get it just right. In the end - I basically covered every source of natural light in the room just allowing for a tiny bit to come from the side - used no flash and had a white backdrop which as it turns out was enough light to make the products pop and yet still allow you to see the yummy details in the vintage silver.

Next up - HEADSHOTS of my friend Chad this week and then an 80's themed costume/birthday party this weekend!

I may have started this business with only babies and pregnant women in mind - but the jobs I am getting are spanning many other areas and frankly as a photographer who just loves to shoot - I am not turning anything down!

No comments:

Post a Comment


STAND OUT FROM THE FLOCK