Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow...

They say everything happens for a reason.  I do believe that however I get supremely frustrated at times when the "reason" does not present itself for a very very long time..
In fact I would be lying if I didn't admit to the fact that I get down right negative about it at times and forget that there is a reason behind it all, the loss of my business, having to move back east and in with my family...not being able to find employment etc....  A lot of frustration these past few years. I have a good friend in Los Angeles who is constantly reminding me to "manifest the good" that I want in my life.  She is so good at it - even when things get her down - and so I am making a conscious effort these days to do that.

So one day last week I decided what I want and need more then anything is to work for a professional photographer.   To find a mentor so to speak, someone to help me further my education and experience by working for them and learning from them at the same time.   So I did some research and I found a local photographers website whose work I loved (wait until you see some of it) and thought to myself "you only lose when you don't try", then I sent her an email asking if she was ever in need of an assistant I would love to be considered etc etc.

Well, she told me that recently she had been manifesting her need for an assistant to help her as she is attempting to change her business and further it's growth!  So while I haven't been hired yet - the first conversation went well and I am hopeful that our meeting this weekend will solidify things.  I love her work, and feel I could learn so much from her.  Let's hope that the fates have finally smiled on me and there is a light at the end of the long frustrating tunnel I have been traversing down professionally these past years.

My very own 'pot of gold' at the end of the rainbow so to speak.  
Manifesting.....Manifesting....


Not some of my better photos - but they illustrate the point!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


STAND OUT FROM THE FLOCK